[clug] SuSE 9.0 download

Michael James Michael.James at csiro.au
Sun Feb 15 22:37:24 GMT 2004

On Sunday 15 February 2004 17:13, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:

>  AFAIK the boxed set CDs contain material that is not redistributable.

Not true, this has been canvassed on the Suse list
 and the only restriction is in paragraph 3 as you found.
It basically says, "Not redistributable for profit".
 I can give you a copy of my Suse CD set,
 I can't sell you a set.

It makes trying Suse cheap, and practically in the real world
 the best they can hope for is that you will like it enough
 to buy the next release.

> | 3. Dissemination
> | It is forbidden to reproduce or distribute data carriers which have been
> | reproduced without authorisation for payment without the prior written
> | consent of SUSE LINUX AG or SUSE LINUX.
> | Distribution of the YaST programme,
> | its sources, whether amended or unamended in full or in part thereof,
> | and the works derived thereof for a charge
> | require the prior written consent of SUSE LINUX AG.

Both sentences key on "for payment".

michaelj

Michael James                         michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator                    voice:  02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility             fax:  02 6246 5166