[clug] Re: Wireless 802.11b

Rohan Mitchell rohan.mitchell at linuxmail.org
Sun Feb 15 21:38:59 GMT 2004

Hi,
As far as i know, the galaxy dishes are unidirectional, meaning that you  will get great range, but will only be able to target people in a line from the dish, which might not be appropriate for a community  access point. However, if your community is spread out further than an omnidirectional antenna can reach, you may have to link everyone up with galaxy (or similar homemade) antennas.
I'm not sure about the process of modding it, but it would probably involve fitting a connector that can connect to your wireless access point.

Rohan