[clug] sec: unclassified - Spam decode assistance

Nemo -earth native- nemo at nut.house.cx
Fri Feb 13 03:35:10 GMT 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:15:54PM -0500, Mark Paine did utter:

> Unless it is ROT-13 (haven't tried), I would guess all the garbage words
> are there to confuse Baysian (sp?) filters and other spam filters.  ie
> specific keywords relating to spam as a percentage of all words is far
> lower than it would be than if the garbage words are not there.  Other
> than that, no idea.

Rot-13 looks quite distinct. That didn't look rot-13 to me.

The best spams in terms of getting through my filters by adding in
non-spammy text have been ones to quote poetry (I have some Robert
Frost) and literature (I got the intro to HHG once)

At the moment, I'm using spambayes, and just started collecting a corpus
again for a thorough retraining

.../Nemo