[clug] sec: unclassified - Spam decode assistance

Mark Paine mark at paineless.id.au
Fri Feb 13 03:15:54 GMT 2004

> Dear co-confused ones,
>
> I have received this email and, instead of simply ditching it as a
> knee-jerk
> reaction, saw the VERY tiny writing (about 1 point, it seems) at the
> bottom
> and wondered what it said.
>
> Can someone un-confuse me as to what practical -- or impractical --
> purpose
> is served by someone placing this text in the message?

Unless it is ROT-13 (haven't tried), I would guess all the garbage words
are there to confuse Baysian (sp?) filters and other spam filters.  ie
specific keywords relating to spam as a percentage of all words is far
lower than it would be than if the garbage words are not there.  Other
than that, no idea.

Mark P.
--
.sig - TBA