[clug] Re: [oztivo] RE: bulk order

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Feb 12 05:16:22 GMT 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Jonathan Ricketson wrote:

> I found out from Peter Vogel the following:
>
>  > contacted "Jeremy White" <Jeremy at poweron.com> at Poweron.
>  > The deal was US$70 per tivo plus US$925 shipping.  30 to 356 units
> per > shipment. Cost me another $A1000 for clearance, gst etc.
>
> So assuming there are some other costs involved, and I am not sure what
> you pay gst on, possibly just the US sale price, then if we get 60 or so
> orders together, then we should be able to do it for less than $150.
>
> Any thoughts?

It seems clear to me that there isn't a lot of point in more than one
person persuing a bulk purchase from poweron, given that the shipping cost
pretty much seems to be a constant.

I don't have time to arrange such an order, and there seem to be a couple
of people willing. I am however happy to advertise such an offer in
Canberra, and act as a money collection point.

I guess that means that my thoughts are that someone needs to say they are
definitely doing it, and nominate a timeframe.

Cheers,
Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,