[clug] finding and settting the python include path

Michael James Michael.James at csiro.au
Wed Feb 11 06:07:33 GMT 2004

Any python hackers care to give a brief tute on includes?

I have a python application that is not finding
 an included file despite the fact that it's there,
 installed from a Suse 9.0 RPM.

/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gnome/gconf.so

In fact I can bodge the app (meld) into working
 by putting a symlink in the current directory.

How do I discover python's include path
 and where does it get set?

Is there a way of getting python to have a look around
 and update it's path?

Please pardon my complete ignorance of this,
michaelj

Michael James                         michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator                    voice:  02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility             fax:  02 6246 5166