[clug] Printers for Linux

Stephen Collins trib at stephencollins.org
Tue Feb 10 01:18:15 GMT 2004

Quoting Pearl Louis <pearl.louis at anu.edu.au>:
> I'm looking at buying a printer.  I'm a student and therefore want to go el
> cheapo :)

I have a Canon BJC-4200 that I've just replaced.  I had it working nicely on a
RH9 box, as well as shared across a mixed Windows/RH network at home.  For
student papers and the like, it prints perfectly nicely, both color and black.

It has color and black cartridges of ink with varying volumes of ink in them
(color is new).  Ink refills are fairly cheap through Dick Smith and the like.
Only issue; it needs a new color print head which will set you back around $90
(not good for a student, I know).  However, to offset the cost of the head, you
can have the printer for free if you want to pick it up from me at work some time.

Steve
--
Stephen Collins
E trib at stephencollins.org