[clug] Printers for Linux

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Sun Feb 8 23:14:23 GMT 2004

I bought a B&W Lexmark laser printer for $220 (with network,
duplexer and other stuff) from one of the auction places
in Fyshwick. This is my second since it's cheaper to buy
another printer than it is to buy a new toner.

We've (various people) have bought around a dozen by now
and the majority have lasted at least a year. So far only
one "dud" that only lasted a few months.

I'd ordinarily avoid Lexmark on account of their (IMHO)
nefarious activities in chipping and pricing consumables.

Antti