[clug] imap headache

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Sat Feb 7 08:23:41 GMT 2004

At 7:19 PM +1100 2004/02/07, Andrew wrote:
>Hi All,
>        I recently setup a Exim 4 + Courier (IMAP + POP3) + MySQL mail server, all works nicely except that I have to transfer some old Sendmail + UW-IMAP accounts over (from mbox format).  I checked freshmeat.net and found a few programs that could do mbox to maildir conversion (and also direct account to account copying) -  however none of them seem to put it in the "dot foldername" (".folder") that courier-imap requires... even though that is apparently maildir format.  Has anyone else gone through this experience or has any advice on how to get around it?

Put the old format files on a server that understands it or use a client that understands it and use an imap client to upload it to your new server.

>Cheers,
>          Andrew.

Kim Holburn
Network Consultant - Telecommunications Engineering
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University - Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)