Streaming TransTV (was: RE: [clug] TransAct ISP)

Tony and Robyn Lewis beakysnugger at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 00:08:25 GMT 2004

With all this talk, I was rubbing my hands with geekish glee - TransACT is
being installed on Tuesday.
Just rang the installed and TransACT, and they're not issuing the i3 boxes
at the moment, for exactly this issue.  If you get a TransWEB package
(i.e. no TransTV) but still have the i3, you can still (currently) stream
the TV, which means access to "premium" channels like Disney.  They're not
issuing i3 boxes any more until they fix the software to block this.
Bummer.
Not sure if, when they bring back i3s, TransTV customers will still be
able to get them via TransWEB, but if you can, you can pay the $55 to get
them to swap it over.
Tony Lewis