[clug] Streaming TransTV and MythTV

deece at newmillennium.net.au deece at newmillennium.net.au
Wed Feb 4 05:50:02 GMT 2004

I've been tinkering around with MythTV a bit of late - it would be really cool
to have the i3 Mood box show up as another device that you can pull an MPEG2
stream off (like the AverTV DVB-T that I'm using at the moment).

I think the best approach would be that each channel appears as another tuner to
MythTV, allowing you to record/view them all simultaneously :)

The easiest way would be to add support for the i3 directly to MythTV, but if
you write a device driver for it, then I guess it would become available to all
the software out there that supports DVB.

I'd get to work on it myself, but I don't have a Transact connection.

PS. If anyone has a Foxtel dish they want to get rid of, please let me know - I
want to start playing with DVB-S (digital satellite)