[clug] DV spec

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Thu Dec 23 06:02:31 GMT 2004

Does anyone know where I might be able to find the specification for raw DV,
cheap (eg a public library or other temporary loan)?

I want to figure out the header information, and the only source I have so far
is this extract from magic(5):
# DIF digital video file format <mpruett at sgi.com>
0       belong&0xffffff00       0x1f070000      DIF
>4      byte                    &0x01           (DVCPRO) movie file
>4      byte                    ^0x01           (DV) movie file
>3      byte                    &0x80           (PAL)
>3      byte                    ^0x80           (NTSC)

I was hoping for more...

Brad