[clug] Re: linux Digest, Vol 24, Issue 6

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Tue Dec 7 00:06:02 GMT 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 06:09:25AM +1100, davidhornby wrote:
> On Mon,  6 Dec 2004 12:00:29 +0000 (GMT), <linux-request at lists.samba.org>
> wrote:
>
> >Am I the only one who feels putting a signature delimiter _before_ your
> >own text is possibly too revolutionary?
> >Is this Opera trying to change the face of email somehow? Or just a
> >(surprising to me) personal preference?

> Sorry folks I usually knock it out but forgot.

> However, I might add that it's a lot shorter than the long winded
> disclaimers used by government departments and private companies at the
> end of their emails and which have dubious legal authority and weight.

Shorter, yes. But it means mutt (for me) turns your entire email
light blue, and I keep seeing replies without any text on first
glace. ^_^

I wonder if I can convince mutt to only lowlight from the last
signature delimiter onwards, rather than the first...

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.