[clug] Server Hosting

Edgecombe, Scott Scott.Edgecombe at AirservicesAustralia.com
Sun Aug 29 23:29:37 GMT 2004

Hello All,

I have found a number of solutions with locally based ISP's. These
include co-location and ADSL fixed IP. Prices range from $33/month to
$75/month.

Thank you all for help.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-bounces+scott.edgecombe=airservices.gov.au at lists.samba.org
[mailto:linux-bounces+scott.edgecombe=airservices.gov.au at lists.samba.org
] On Behalf Of Tony and Robyn Lewis
Sent: Sunday, 29 August 2004 12:30 AM
To: Rasjid Wilcox
Subject: Re: [clug] Server Hosting

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 00:00, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> A list of possible vendors is available at http://usermodelinux.org/
> modules.php?name=News&file=categories&op=newindex&catid=12
> (See the old articles too.)  There may be other vendors - if you find
a more
> definitive list I'd be interested.
>
> I'm currently using Linode.com, but there are cheaper options.  IIRC
the
> cheapest deals start at around US$10 per month.

I was with redwood virtual (it's on the UML list, but I saw it first
from a previous post of Rasjid, IIRC) for a while, on the El-Cheapo plan
- $US5/mo.

They offer good, quick support, and for $5, it was good value, but it
only had 32MB RAM, and so it was always struggling to do anything.  I
suspect the $10 64MB jobbie would be a lot more responsive.

Tony Lewis