[clug] Server Hosting

Tony and Robyn Lewis beakysnugger at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 28 14:29:57 GMT 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 00:00, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> A list of possible vendors is available at http://usermodelinux.org/
> modules.php?name=News&file=categories&op=newindex&catid=12
> (See the old articles too.)  There may be other vendors - if you find a more
> definitive list I'd be interested.
>
> I'm currently using Linode.com, but there are cheaper options.  IIRC the
> cheapest deals start at around US$10 per month.

I was with redwood virtual (it's on the UML list, but I saw it first
from a previous post of Rasjid, IIRC) for a while, on the El-Cheapo plan
- $US5/mo.

They offer good, quick support, and for $5, it was good value, but it
only had 32MB RAM, and so it was always struggling to do anything.  I
suspect the $10 64MB jobbie would be a lot more responsive.

Tony Lewis