[clug] [PMX:#] Sendmail config - PLEASE help!!

Collins, Steve Steve.Collins at industry.gov.au
Fri Aug 27 08:40:10 GMT 2004

Based on all the feedback, I've tried a few things which have made some changes in my sendmail.cf.  The external relaying (to non @industry.gov.au addresses) still doesn't seem to work, but that may be an issue with the server I'm relaying to.

The command I'm using to send the mail is:

/usr/bin/printf %b "***** Nagios *****\n\nNotification Type: Test\nHost: Test\nState: Test\nAddress: Test\nInfo: Test\n\nDate/Time: 2004/08/27\n" | /bin/mail -s "Host Test alert for Test" steve.collins at industry.gov.au

The address rewriting still doesn't seem to occur.  The headers I can see in Outlook (forced to use) are:

Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0