[clug] [PMX:#] Sendmail config - PLEASE help!!

Nerdvana - Stephen Walsh s.walsh at nerdvana.com.au
Fri Aug 27 05:34:13 GMT 2004

Steve;

I've done similar with a Nagios box, and just used sendmail on the Nagios
box (in this case nagios.domainname.com.au) to send mail as
nagios at domainname.com.au, then forward it through the site's lotus(shudder)
box so it pops into everyone's inbox as nagios at domain.... All that was
required at their lotus end was to set the lotus box to forward mail from
that IP, and create the relevant user in the lotus system so it knew who it
was coming from.

If you need a full walk through, let me know off list and I'll dig one up
from our documentation database. You should be able to modify the smtp
gateway/mail server side of things easily.

Stephen Walsh
Nerdvana Systems Pty Ltd
Ph:02 626 22 555
www.nerdvana.com.au

The Contents of this email may be privileged or contain sensitive business
information. If you have received this email in error or are not the
addressed recipient, Please contact the sender immediately and delete the
email. Any attachments received in this way are deemed Null and Void, and
will only be honoured by negotiation with Nerdvana Systems, Pty Ltd, or it's
duly authorised representative.