[clug] [PMX:#] Problem server

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Aug 23 07:18:02 GMT 2004

I'm sorry Michael, but I'll have to pull you up on that one. I've found
Fedore Core 1 to be almost the equal of XPH in terms of high volume problem
serving, especially after you rapidly power cycle the system for a good 5 or
so minutes to stress test the IDE buss.

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 02:49 pm, Collins, Steve wrote:

> I have a small RH9 server (converted desktop) which I'm
> running a few important things on - CVS, Nagios, Bugzilla.
> Recently, it's started acting a little whacko.

Linux is not really suited to problem serving.

If you want a server that can really deliver
 sustained high volumes of problems
 try Windows XP home edition...

Michael James                         michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator                    voice:  02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility             fax:  02 6246 5166