[clug] Python/Zope/CMF/Plone

George Bray listoid1 at linkalarm.com
Thu Aug 12 03:43:00 GMT 2004

Gday cluggers.

I'm wondering if anyone has any stories (good/bad/other) about using
Plone <http://www.plone.org> to build and maintain cooperative web site
content. Plone sits atop the Zope content management framework written
in Python. We want to extend Plone in a number of ways adding custom
metadata schemas and handling video. This all looks like it can be done
with some fast running on the learning curve treadmill.

I don't know much about Python but it looks very "objecty" which is
good, however it seems its internal database isn't as easy to work with
as, say, MySQL. Guess I'm having trouble thinking different here.

any comments appreciated,

thanks - George