[clug] Linux Modem

Edgecombe, Scott Scott.Edgecombe at AirservicesAustralia.com
Wed Aug 11 05:45:29 GMT 2004

Hello Tak,

The kernel source is usually included with the mandrake distro.

The rpm can be installed using as su with "rpm -ivh RPMname.rpm"

As a newb you will want to take a look at http://tldp.org/ to find
howto's and manuals for various linux operations.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-bounces+scott.edgecombe=airservices.gov.au at lists.samba.org
[mailto:linux-bounces+scott.edgecombe=airservices.gov.au at lists.samba.org
] On Behalf Of Tak _
Sent: Wednesday, 11 August 2004 2:37 PM
To: linux at lists.samba.org
Subject: [clug] Linux Modem

Hi,
I'm a newbie with linux and currently having trouble with Linux
detecting
the my internal modem and connecting to the internet.
I have a Netcomm IN5699 int Win modem(it has the Lucent chipset, I
think)
and currently using Mandrake 10 OS.

>From previous post  From: "ALi.J" <aj2468au at yahoo.com>
this is what I can gather and done so far:

I have downloaded the rpm file for mandrake 10 from
http://www.heby.de/ltmodem

Since I'm a newbie, I don't how to use the rpm file.....

Where can I get the full kernel source (all 100 + MB)..???
And what am I suppose to do with it?

I very new to Linux so can you explain the procedures and commands step
by
step.

Thank-you

Tak