[clug] Linux Modem

Tak _ akina_hachiroku at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 04:36:59 GMT 2004

Hi,
I'm a newbie with linux and currently having trouble with Linux detecting
the my internal modem and connecting to the internet.
I have a Netcomm IN5699 int Win modem(it has the Lucent chipset, I think)
and currently using Mandrake 10 OS.

>From previous post  From: "ALi.J" <aj2468au at yahoo.com>
this is what I can gather and done so far:

I have downloaded the rpm file for mandrake 10 from
http://www.heby.de/ltmodem

Since I'm a newbie, I don't how to use the rpm file.....

Where can I get the full kernel source (all 100 + MB)..???
And what am I suppose to do with it?

I very new to Linux so can you explain the procedures and commands step by
step.

Thank-you

Tak