[clug] DNS server to always give same IP address

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Tue Aug 10 11:05:44 GMT 2004

On 10 Aug 2004, at 18:05, Sam Couter wrote:

> What about an HTTP proxy with appropriately configured redirect rules?
>
> Google keyword suggestions: captive portal

A much more sensible way of achieving the "you must pay me money to use
my gateway" aim, since resolving all DNS queries to one IP address will
result in client's DNS lookup caches being filled with lies.

Alex

"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to
choose from"
     -- Andrew Tanenbaum