[clug] DNS server to always give same IP address

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Aug 10 01:07:20 GMT 2004

Neil Symons wrote:

> Does anybody know of a DNS server or a configuration for bind9 to report
> all lookups to be a single IP address?

When I presented shdns at Adelaide some people took me seriously. They
told a twisted tale of resolving all names to one IP for wireless
hotspot authentication. They mentioned that there was an open source DNS
system with plugable backends for the lookup bit -- including a database
and random perl scripts.

I'd have a dig for a DNS server with pluggable backends.

Cheers,
Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,