[clug] SCP from Windows to Linux incredibly slow
Tony and Robyn Lewis
beakysnugger at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 8 10:36:06 GMT 2004
On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 19:21, Peter Lavender wrote:
> I have read the other replies, and most are looking at the network layer
> as a possible problem, which is a fair thing to do, however I suspect
> that you will find it isn't the problem here. (Of course I could be wrong).
Perhaps the following might be worth a try (though it's guesswork from
1. does anything noticable happen to CPU usage on your win32 box when
you use pscp?
2. if you sniff packets between them, you might be able to see a pattern
of who is being tardy with their responses
3. is there any unanswered DNS going on that it's timing out on?
4. is putty's ssh similarly slow (you might test it by doing something
like ls -laR / and seeing how fast it scrolls)?
5. if you boot from knoppix, does the scp work better?
As I say, these are guesses. HTH.
More information about the linux