[clug] Comparing machines

Rohan Mitchell rohan.mitchell at undefined.homelinux.net
Wed Aug 4 07:57:59 GMT 2004

Hi,
Performing md5sum hashes on each filesystem, then sorting and comparing
across the two comps might be easier if you dont want a lot of network
traffic and only want a list of changed files, not what's changed within
the files. Maybe something like:
find / |xargs md5sum |sort > hashes.txt
would work well.

Hope this helps,