[clug] Yellow Dog 3.0.1 / debian ppc beta3 installer cd

Paul Warren u3292467 at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 21 08:37:59 GMT 2004

Hithere good clug folks.

I'm trying to install some form of linux onto my SO's new ibook G4.
Yellow Dog 3.0 doesn't like the partition/fs names from OS X 10.3.3, and
the debian 3.0r0 boot disk doesn't recognise the hard drive!
   I have it on good authority (google) that YDL 3.0.1 and the beta3
installer disc of debian ppc work no problems.

   So, could someone who is not so bandwidthally challenged grab one of
the two for me Please, and I'll provide replacement blanks and shout
your pizza even tomorrow at the CLUG meeting.

Cheers
--
Paul Warren
u3292467 at anu dot edu dot au