[clug] Lindows changes name

Alan Sanderson alans at codefish.net.au
Tue Apr 20 04:40:27 GMT 2004

> Does this mean the US court case will end? I for one was hoping they'd
> declare M$'s Windows trademark invalid.

Not at all, theie decision AFAIK is based on the fact that in some
European countries they've been given them priliminary orders to cease
trading under the name 'Lindows'. ATM it still looks like they are doing
pretty well in the US courts and I imagine that if they win before the US
courts that it will give them a greater ability to win in the European
courts.

           Sent from Code Fish Web Mail
           Code Fish - Fishing for clues
           http://www.codefish.net.au