[clug] sec:unclassified Broadband in Gungahlin

Stephen Jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Mon Apr 5 01:04:21 GMT 2004

I thought a nice solution to the 'Circuit Multiplier' dilema was mentioned
on the CLUG list.  If you ask for home ISDN, they have to run a pair
directly to the exchange.  You immediately cancel the ISDN service and ask
for ADSL instead...

NOTE: I haven't done this, it's just my recollection...

HTH
sj

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Kim Holburn wrote:

> At 10:11 AM +1000 2004/04/05, Cherryh, James wrote:
> >I'm looking to get broadband to my home Mandrake box in Gungahlin.
> >
> >I've searched through the CLUG archives for the past 4 months and found
> >copious references to same, but I'm afraid the references to splitters,
> >routers, bridges, pppoe etc etc etc go right over my head.
> >
> >Can anyone either point me to a linux broadband how-to or recommend a
> >Linux-friendly supplier who can Just Do It All for me.
>
> Problem is Telstra RIM (remote integrated multiplexer).
> http://whirlpool.net.au/article.cfm/1120
> Although maybe:
> http://whirlpool.net.au/article.cfm/1018
>
> http://www.pps.net.au/alan/outspoken/adsl.htm
>

> --
> --
> Kim Holburn
> IT Manager, Canberra Research Laboratory
> National Information and Communication Technology Australia
> Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
> Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request
>
> Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
>      Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)

Steve Jenkin, Unix Sys Admin
0412 786 915 (+61 412 786 915)
PO Box 48, Kippax ACT 2615, AUSTRALIA