[clug] sec:unclassified Broadband in Gungahlin

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Mon Apr 5 00:30:29 GMT 2004

At 10:11 AM +1000 2004/04/05, Cherryh, James wrote:
>I'm looking to get broadband to my home Mandrake box in Gungahlin.
>
>I've searched through the CLUG archives for the past 4 months and found
>copious references to same, but I'm afraid the references to splitters,
>routers, bridges, pppoe etc etc etc go right over my head.
>
>Can anyone either point me to a linux broadband how-to or recommend a
>Linux-friendly supplier who can Just Do It All for me.

Problem is Telstra RIM (remote integrated multiplexer).
http://whirlpool.net.au/article.cfm/1120
Although maybe:
http://whirlpool.net.au/article.cfm/1018

http://www.pps.net.au/alan/outspoken/adsl.htm

Kim Holburn
IT Manager, Canberra Research Laboratory
National Information and Communication Technology Australia
Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)