[clug] chkrootkit: LKM Trojan?

Pearl Louis pearl.louis at anu.edu.au
Thu Apr 1 01:20:33 GMT 2004

I think you're just enjoying my pain and suffering :)

But it turns out to be a false alert by chkrootkit.  From reading their
mailing list archives it seems it has problems with how 2.6 kernels handle
their processes.  Applying the patch they released in January and recompiling
seems to have made the LKM Trojan kernel warning disappear.

Pearl