[clug] Sitar@home; Indirectly targeting veri greedy people

Michael.James at csiro.au Michael.James at csiro.au
Thu Sep 25 14:14:20 EST 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 01:03 pm, Antony Wuth wrote:

> Of course since I apt-get'ed the latest bind update the problem has
> mysteriously vanished...

Yes, until Verisign make a change to the info or the way they give it.

Have a read of this, it's complete and well thought out.

http://homepages.tesco.net./~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/verisign-internet-coup.html

If you already understand the current problem,
 skip to the end for why the DNS patch isn't a good solution.
Basically we need those domains served correctly,
 and if verisign won't, someone else will have to
 glean the real info and we can point to them.

Michael James				michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator			voice:	02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility	fax:		02 6246 5166