[clug] sec: unclassified - LindowsCD in APC Mag

Gary Woodman antigramp at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 19 17:24:25 EST 2003

--- Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:
> Quoting "Ellis, LCDR Peter" <Peter.Ellis at defence.gov.au>:
>
> > If you have not played with LindowsOS then get an APC magazine and
> find CD 2
> > from the cover. It's an "out of the box" autorun version on CD. It
> was in
> > the mail yesterday, so on the newsagent stands in a few days.
>
> Anyone want to donate a copy of the CD come the next CLUG?

I didn't see anyone volunteer a copy... so allow me. I am curious about
Lindows - I don't like their business model (which may suit Windows
buyers), but it has potential, can't be (legally) obtained any other
way AFAIK, and I'm an inveterate distro-tryer...

I can rarely make it to CLUG meetings, so I've saved enough pizza
contributions to afford a copy of APC (this month :-). I'll purchase a
copy as soon as I see it, make a copy of the Lindows CD, then dispatch
the original to CLUG.

It will be interesting to see if this edition of Lindows is as clever
as Knoppix, at least with auto-detection, configuration, and
installation (if any). The rest is just generic Linux, n'est-ce pas?

Gary