[clug] transact velocity debian

Paul Hampson tbble at keitarou.bubblesworth.net
Thu Sep 18 00:27:59 EST 2003

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 01:25:18PM +1000, Ambrose Andrews wrote:
> i'm told velocitynet (a newish isp on transact)will be establishing a
> local (partial - 386 initially) debian mirror in its free (not charged)
> files area.

> may be of interest to some ex-weboners.

> for me at least, this would make a cheap plan even cheaper.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that for my ISP (which I think
was mentioned here before, but mis-nomer'd...) since I already
end up with large swathes of Debian/i386 and Debian/PPC sitting
in apt's archives on my servers.

Not had any enquiries from people so far, so I hadn't made the
effort. Given our focus on unmetered plans, I don't think it's
a cost issue, but a speed issue.

Well, no time like the present. Debmirror's initial run has
commenced. :-)

Gonna grab non-US and the jigdo stuff too.

Blah, gonna take a little while to run. If anyone's actually
interested, I can let people know (off-list is probably preferred)
when its ready.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
CTO, Bandwidth Unlimited http://www.bu.net.au/
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

use, duplication and distribution.