[clug] ALPHA machines??

Jepri jepri at webone.com.au
Thu Sep 18 03:03:13 EST 2003

Alphas were very popular, just not with home users (they aren't intel
compatible).  You have an excellent chance of picking up a cheapie.
Keep an eye on Hyman's auction house in Fyshwick, they often have
ex-govie units.  Prices are generally very reasonable but bidding can
get vicious when two nerds want the same machine.

Paul Warren wrote:

>I've been playing (working for UNI really)  with the SC at the
>"Australian Partnership for Advanced Computing" which is a 512 * 4 ALPHA
>21264 @ 1.15 GHz,  And I like it.  ALPHA is good!

Alpha *was* good.