[clug] Getting a SCSI driver loaded automatically

Michael.James at csiro.au Michael.James at csiro.au
Wed Sep 17 15:38:30 EST 2003

Pardon my ignorance,
 but how do I tell a linux system to load a driver module at boot?

I've just dropped in an old Adaptec 1542 SCSI card.
It works after "modprobe aha1542" but I have to do it after each reboot.

Where do I tell the system to load that module during boot.
Note, I'm not trying to boot off it, in a way that would be easier,
 just get it loaded along with the sound system etc.

TIA,
michaelj

PS: if it's in modules.conf it's not obvious

Michael James				michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator			voice:	02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility	fax:		02 6246 5166