[clug] Set TCP window size for specific incoming protocols?

Brian Morris brian at netspeed.com.au
Tue Sep 16 19:59:46 EST 2003

> As far as I know, this just throws away packets when the incoming rate
> is too high, resulting in your ISP having to resend packets, which
> slows down the stream in the process.

Hmmm..."Danger Will Robinson"

I havent tested this myself but could that also increase your downloads from
your ISP?  The ISP usually measures data sent from their NAS to you.  If you
simply drop the packet, protocols would ensure it is sent again - but to the
ISP they are sending it twice - the fact that you dropped the first one may
not mean your not billed for it.

Regards,

Brian Morris
Manager,