[clug] Xircom Realport diagnostics?

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Wed Sep 10 15:50:41 EST 2003

Hi all,

Ever since I replaced the NIC in a laptop with a Xircom Realport CE IIps, I have
been having problems accessing SMB shares (freezing and copy errors) and have
been getting log messages about SMB servers timing out.

After much fiddling with kernel options, I have finally noticed that ifconfig says the
card is generating TX "carrier:" packets at a rate of about 1 for every 4 TX packets.

Alas, all the Xircom "RealView" diagnostic utility requires Win9x or WinNT.

Any ideas on diagnostics that don't involve finding someone with a laptop with Windows
on it and a willingness to let me install stuff on it?

I've also found some posts suggesting that it's pcmcia-cs not playing nicely with the Xircom.

Cheers,

Antti