[clug] running fortune from cron.

John Griffiths johnboy at the-riotact.com
Wed Sep 10 11:23:33 EST 2003

and disco!

Thanks all for your help.

John.

Mark Harrison wrote:
> Hi,
> The environment might not be the same inside cron? Maybe try absolute
> paths like '/usr/games/fortune'
>
> On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 11:10, John Griffiths wrote:

- --

    Not yet is the spirit of that pristine valour
    extinct in you, when girt with steel and lofty flames
    once we fought against the empire of heaven.
    We were -- that I will not deny -- vanquished in that conflict:
    yet the great intention was not lacking in nobility.
    Something or other gave Him victory: to us remained
    the glory of a dauntless daring.
    And even if my troop fell thence vanquished,
    yet to have attempted a lofty enterprise is still a trophy.

    --From La Strage degli Innocenti (The Slaughter of the
Innocents) by Giambattista Marino (1569-1625)