[clug] Keeping Red Hat up to date without RHN

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Tue Sep 9 22:38:06 EST 2003

On Tuesday 09 September 2003 16:18, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 08:16:55PM +1000, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:
> > Nothing particularly secret.  Install apt-rpm, and then apt-get update,
> > apt-get upgrade.
> >
> > See http://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org/ for more info.
>
> Hmm, chucked it on, and it wants to remove some (presumably) non-official
> Red Hat RPMS that are installed. Not exactly what I was after.

I'm curious to know what ones... I don't recall having that problem.

Well there is also YUM.  See http://www.linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/

Similar to apt-rpm.  Written in Python.  I've never personally used it, but
looking at its webpage it sounds good.  :-)

Also see http://www.rpm.org/software/updaters/ for some more choices.

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--