[clug] Keeping Red Hat up to date without RHN

Matthew Hawkins matt at mh.dropbear.id.au
Tue Sep 9 16:40:59 EST 2003

Andrew Pollock said:
> Hmm, chucked it on, and it wants to remove some (presumably)
> non-official Red Hat RPMS that are installed. Not exactly what I was
> after.

Welcome to RPM - where the men are men, and the dependencies are broken.

You can hunt for source RPMS of the things you need (does rpmfind still
exist? if not, google), or make the .spec files yourself, and build the
binary RPMS for your system(s); or you can switch to a distribution that
isn't broken by default.
--
Matt