[clug] TCP/IP traffic shaping using linux

Ty Newton csaweb at ozemail.com.au
Mon Sep 8 11:30:28 EST 2003

Hi,

I am considering replacing my Internet sharing box (WinXP Pro) to Linux.
One of the most important requirement is software that will allow me to
control how much traffic hosts on my local network can get from the shared
Internet connection.  eg.  If have a 512/128 Kbps connection, I'd like host
192.168.0.22 to have upto 128/32, host 192.168.0.42 to have upto 64/32, and
any other host on the network can share whatever is left.

Does software like this exist for RedHat 9, or some other distro?

I am also interested in what virus checkers and firewalls are available &
good for Linux.

Thanks
Ty