[clug] Alternate ISP for WebOne TransAct customers?...

Brett Worth brettw at cray.com
Sun Sep 7 14:56:17 EST 2003

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003, James wrote:

> I'm a satisfied ACTEWAGL customer. sitched from webone about one month
> ago, havn't looked back.
>
> https://secure.actewagl.com.au/isp/plans.asp?producttype=BB

I've been with actewagl for a week now and had no problems.

The only issues I have right now are:

	1.  There's no visible proxy.  They might be doing transparent but
	    I like to use a parent proxy in my squid rules.

	2.  I dont think they offer fixed IP adresses.  I dont need one now
	    but might someday.

	3.  They dont offer ADSL. If Transact fails I'd like a fallback.

I do like the unmetered download between 12am and 7am.

--
Brett

 Cray Australia.
 brettw at cray.com +61 2 6295 4023

PGP: 1024R/27EB604F  22A9 A85A 22BD 496B 2443
                     35E5 46F7 0712 27EB 604F