[clug] mirroring scsi drive

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Sep 6 20:51:43 EST 2003

"nicolas.cherbuin" wrote:

> Thanks very much for your response. It has triggered another question
> however. Once I have created the mirror, is there a way of updating it
> automatically on a regular basis without having to boot from CD or floppy?

Well, if you want to have a real mirror then you could set up a RAID-1
pair, but this is a different game then.

I would do the boot thing, but doing the dd from a live disk should
usually
work. When you boot the mirror you will have to go though a fsck but my
experience is that it is almost always a painless process.

> At 16:34 06/09/03 +1000, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> >"nicolas.cherbuin" wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have an old IBM server at home with two 9.1GB scsi drives. On one I have
> > > installed RH 9, on the other there is an old version (RH 7.2).
> > >
> > > What I am trying to do is mirroring the first one on the second one. My
> > > problem is that when the two drives are inserted the computer boots on
> > RH 7.2.
[trimmed]

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>