[clug] DVD burning under Linux

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Mon Sep 1 17:04:04 EST 2003

List,

linux-2.6.0-test3 didn't help me as the Mandrake Cooker RPM doesn't have
USB drive support. Oh well no time to compile a new one today..

dvd+rw tools does seem to be writing out the track... which I already
mastered with x-cd-roast. The command was:

growisofs -Z /dev/scd0=/data/track-01.img

This seems to be like doing a dd from a file to a hard disc.. only for a
DVD. Whatever, I hope it works. Plus I'm reusing that "coaster" which is
burning away happily. I wonder if it will work? I know there was
something written due to the thin streak but maybe it was just power
calibration and everything stopped at that point. I hope so as it's
gonna take an hour to burn ;)

Darren