[clug] DVD burning under Linux

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Mon Sep 1 16:19:20 EST 2003

OK so now I've burned my first DVD coaster. Yay.

dvdrtools was looking good until the SCSI emulation layer gave an error
when starting the track. So I burned the lead-in and then fixated the
disc. Hooray for ease-of-use!

Anyone know what's going on here? I would have hoped that, rather than
crap out during a write, that the software would have given a more
inteligent error somewhere along the way. Thus I consider this problem
to be a big deal as people everywhere will be burning coasters when
trying their USB burner under Linux.

I'll have another go under linux-2.6.0-test4 rather than the 2.4 series.

Darren