[clug] entropy

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Mon Sep 1 10:20:09 EST 2003

Kim,

You could probably solve the problem on just one machine, and then
export the entropy pool to the other machines via some secure link, such
as RS-232 or maybe an SSH tunnel.

But you might need to do some coding for that to work - I don't know how
to get software talking to a remote version of /dev/random but maybe
replacing it with a symlink to a remotely mounted version would work?

I don't know what the security implications of this are though but I
presume that an attacker being able to read /dev/random doesn't really
matter as long as you don't then use the data that they obtained.

Just some random thoughts.

Darren