[clug] New Modem?

Andrew Smith andrew at coolchilli.com
Mon Sep 1 10:15:00 EST 2003

Hi Felix,

I think it's likely a software/pppd options problem that your modem.

If you add a 'debug' line into your /etc/ppp/options file and check the
syslog output, you should see some IPCP negotiation which may give you a
hint.

Failing that post the syslog output against 'pppd' your /etc/ppp/options and
/etc/ppp/options.ttySn (n being your modem line) if you have one.

Andrew