[clug] X over 802.11b

Michael Manning michael at catman.homelinux.org
Mon Oct 27 18:50:50 EST 2003

I am using the most of my X client apps from desktop in the study to my
laptop in the lounge room on 802.11g and have very little time delay in
anything at all. I use evolution, mozilla, cooledit, gedit and have even
played the occasional xmovie to show off the abilities of X11 to those
windows sceptics.

I know its not a long distance or anything like that, but most wireless
installations are only for small deployments and  close proximities
anyway - you can't expect too much from radio waves.......

--

Michael Manning
Red Hat Certified Engineer

Email: michael at catman.homelinux.org