[clug] X over 802.11b

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Mon Oct 27 16:03:50 EST 2003

IIRC, the problem with wireless is not the speed but the latency. I don't
remember the ping times but it doesn't take much for it to be noticable. So
something like LBX might improve stuff by simply caching stuff and reducing
traffic.

I do remember something about recent protocols trying to address this issue
but I don't remember if it worked.

Hope this helps,

--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/