[clug] Need read-only NFS with local disk based caching, CODA?

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at anu.edu.au
Fri Oct 24 18:23:22 EST 2003

At 5:51 PM +1000 2003/10/24, Michael.James at csiro.au wrote:

>I thought to use CODA
> but find a wheird mix of doco dating from 1900s
> and somone contributing modules for current kernels.

I think it's the same as or similar to AFS.  Last time we looked at the doco for AFS it appeared that there were rather servere file system limits like 8G max file system size and 2G max file size.  We decided it wouldn't be much use.

How about a local copy one each node?

>Anyone got any experience with Coda as a cluster filesystem?
>
>Anyone got any experience with Coda at all?
>
>And if you don't like it, what are the alternatives?
>
>TIA,
>michaelj
>
>--
>Michael James				michael.james at csiro.au
>System Administrator			voice:	02 6246 5040
>CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility	fax:		02 6246 5166

Kim Holburn
Network Consultant - Telecommunications Engineering
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering
Australian National University - Ph: +61 2 61258620 M: +61 0417820641
Email: kim.holburn at anu.edu.au  - PGP Public Key on request

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary parts.
     Andrea Leistra (rec.arts.sf.written.Robert-jordan)